uridine diphosphate glucosenoun
Medical Definition of uridine diphosphate glucose
: a coenzyme C15H24N2O17P2 that reversibly catalyzes the formation of glucose-1-phosphate from the corresponding phosphate of galactose and that acts as a donor of glucose residues in the biosynthesis of glycogen
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game