Medical Definition of uncoupler
: an agent that dissociates two integrated series of chemical reactions especially : one that prevents the formation of ATP in oxidative phosphorylation in mitochondria by dissociating the reactions of phosphorylation from those concerned with electron transport and oxidation
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game