Medical Definition of tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte
: a T cell that is isolated from a malignant tumor, cultured with interleukin-2, and injected back into the patient as a tumor-killing cell and that has greater cytotoxicity than lymphokine-activated killer cells
— called also TIL
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game