Medical Definition of tropacocaine
: a crystalline alkaloid C15H19NO2 that is obtained from coca leaves grown especially in Java or is made synthetically, that is the ester of pseudotropine and benzoic acid, and that acts like cocaine but is about one-half as toxic
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?