Medical Definition of triple E
: eastern equine encephalitis Since it is early in the season for the bug-borne viral disease, also known as EEE or "triple E," Chesapeake Health Department officials want area residents to start taking more precautions against mosquitoes. — Janette Rodrigues, The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk, Virginia), 8 July 2005
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game