Medical Definition of trimetrexate
: a toxic drug structurally related to methotrexate that is administered in the form of its glucuronate C19H23N5O3·C6H10O7 with concomitant administration of leucovorin to reduce toxicity and is used especially in the treatment of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia and certain carcinomas
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game