Medical Definition of transversion
1 : the eruption of a tooth in an abnormal position on the jaw
2 : a mutation in RNA or DNA that results from the substitution of a purine base for a pyrimidine base or of a pyrimidine base for a purine base
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game