transverse facial arterynoun
Medical Definition of transverse facial artery
: a large branch of the superficial temporal artery that arises in the parotid gland and supplies or gives off branches supplying the parotid gland, masseter muscle, and adjacent parts
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game