Medical Definition of tracheal ring
: any of the 16 to 20 C-shaped bands of highly elastic cartilage which are found as incomplete rings in the anterior two-thirds of the tracheal wall and of which there are usually 6 to 8 in the right bronchus and 9 to 12 in the left
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?