Medical Definition of tissue typing
: the determination of the degree of compatibility of tissues or organs from different individuals based on the similarity of histocompatibility antigens especially on lymphocytes and used especially as a measure of potential rejection in an organ transplant procedure
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game