Medical Definition of tilt table
: an apparatus that is used to rotate a person from a horizontal to a vertical or oblique position in order to test perception of bodily position and to assist in teaching a person affected with paralysis to stand
— called also tiltboard
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?