Medical Definition of thoracoscopy
: examination of the chest and especially the pleural cavity by means of a thoracoscope … specializes in thoracoscopy, which permits examination of the lungs or other parts in the chest cavity without making a large incision. — The Tampa Tribune, 4 May 2006
— called also pleuroscopy
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game