Medical Definition of thiazolidinedione
: any of a class of drugs (as pioglitazone and rosiglitazone) that are thiazolidine derivatives used to reduce insulin resistance in the treatment of type 2 diabetes —abbreviation TZD
— called also glitazone
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game