Medical Definition of therapeutic window
1 : the range of dosage of a drug or of its concentration in a bodily system that provides safe effective therapy the narrow therapeutic window…the effect may go from therapeutic to toxic with an increase of just 10 micrograms per milliliter [in] blood concentration— Lisa Davis
2 : a usually short time interval (as after a precipitating event) during which a particular therapy can be given safely and effectively has a narrow therapeutic window: the drug must be given within three hours of a stroke in order to be effective — Genesis Report-RX
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game