Medical Definition of theca lutein cell
: any of the relatively deeply staining cells of the corpus luteum that are derived from cells of the theca interna, lack microvilli on the surface, and secrete estrone and estradiol as well as progesterone
— called also theca cell— compare granulosa lutein cell
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game