theca lutein cellnoun
Medical Definition of theca lutein cell
: any of the relatively deeply staining cells of the corpus luteum that are derived from cells of the theca interna, lack microvilli on the surface, and secrete estrone and estradiol as well as progesterone
— called also theca cell— compare granulosa lutein cell
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game