Medical Definition of temporal line
: either of two nearly parallel ridges or lines on each side of the skull that begin as a single ridge on the temporal bone, run upward and backward from the zygomatic process above the temporal fossa, divide into upper and lower lines, and continue on the parietal bone
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game