Medical Definition of temporal line
: either of two nearly parallel ridges or lines on each side of the skull that begin as a single ridge on the temporal bone, run upward and backward from the zygomatic process above the temporal fossa, divide into upper and lower lines, and continue on the parietal bone
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game