superficial transverse metacarpal ligamentnoun
Medical Definition of superficial transverse metacarpal ligament
: a transverse ligamentous band across the palm of the hand in the superficial fascia at the base of the fingers
— called also superficial transverse ligament
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game