Medical Definition of subthalamic nucleus
: an oval mass of gray matter that is located in the caudal part of the subthalamus along the medial part of the internal capsule, receives fibers from the lateral part of the globus pallidus, sends fibers through the internal capsule to the medial part of the globus pallidus, and when affected with lesions is associated with hemiballismus of the contralateral side of the body
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game