Medical Definition of streptonigrin
: a toxic antibiotic C25H22N4O8 from an actinomycete of the genus Streptomyces (S. flocculus) that interferes with DNA metabolism and is used as an antineoplastic agent
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game