Medical Definition of straight sinus
: a venous sinus of the brain that is located along the line of junction of the falx cerebri and tentorium cerebelli, is formed by the junction of the great cerebral vein and the inferior sagittal sinus, and passes posteriorly to terminate in the confluence of sinuses
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?