Medical Definition of stillingia
1 capitalized : a genus of widely distributed herbs and shrubs (family Euphorbiaceae)
2 : the dried root of a plant of the genus Stillingia (S. sylvatica) formerly used as a sialagogue, diuretic, and laxative
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game