Medical Definition of splenic vein
: the vein that carries blood away from the spleen, that is formed by five or six large branches which unite a short distance from the spleen, and that joins the superior mesenteric vein to form the portal vein
— called also lienal vein
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game