spinal accessory nucleusnoun
Medical Definition of spinal accessory nucleus
: a cluster of motor neurons in the ventral horn of the cervical region of the spinal cord that give rise to the accessory nerve The spinal accessory nerve contains axons of motor neurons whose cell bodies are located in the spinal accessory nucleus …— John H. Martin, Neuroanatomy: Text and Atlas, 2003
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game