Medical Definition of spin echo
: a signal that is detected in a nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer, that is an echo-like replication of a free induction decay produced by a planned series of radio-frequency pulses, and that can be used to extract more information from a test sample or subject than conventional nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy —usually used attributively spin-echo magnetic resonance imaging of the cervical spine — compare gradient echo
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game