Medical Definition of spin echo
: a signal that is detected in a nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer, that is an echo-like replication of a free induction decay produced by a planned series of radio-frequency pulses, and that can be used to extract more information from a test sample or subject than conventional nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy —usually used attributively spin-echo magnetic resonance imaging of the cervical spine — compare gradient echo
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game