Medical Definition of sphenopalatine foramen
: a foramen between the sphenoidal and orbital parts of the vertical plate of the palatine bone also : a deep notch between these parts that by articulation with the sphenoid bone is converted into a foramen
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game