Medical Definition of sparganum
: an intramuscular or subcutaneous vermiform parasite of various vertebrates including humans that is the plerocercoid larva of a tapeworm —sometimes used as though a generic name when referring to such a larva Sparganum mansoni is the larva of Spirometra mansoni
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game