Medical Definition of soft tissue
: body tissue that is not hardened or calcified specifically : tissue (such as tendon, muscle, skin, fat, and fascia) that typically connects, supports, or surrounds bone and internal organs —often used attributively soft tissue sarcoma
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game