Medical Definition of slit lamp
: a lamp for projecting a narrow beam of intense light that is used in conjunction with a biomicroscope for examining the anterior parts (as the conjunctiva or cornea) of an eye also : a unit consisting of both the lamp and biomicroscope
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game