Medical Definition of silymarin
: an antioxidant flavonoid C25H22O10 consisting of a mixture of three isomers isolated from seeds of the milk thistle, held to have properties protecting the liver from or clearing it of toxins, and used in dietary supplements and herbal remedies
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?