Medical Definition of silymarin
: an antioxidant flavonoid C25H22O10 consisting of a mixture of three isomers isolated from seeds of the milk thistle, held to have properties protecting the liver from or clearing it of toxins, and used in dietary supplements and herbal remedies
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game