Medical Definition of sibutramine
: an appetite suppressant C17H26ClN·HCl·H2O used to treat obesity by inhibiting the reuptake of norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine but has been withdrawn from sale by the manufacturer due to its link to cardiovascular events (as heart attack and stroke)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game