Medical Definition of sibutramine
: an appetite suppressant C17H26ClN·HCl·H2O used to treat obesity by inhibiting the reuptake of norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine but has been withdrawn from sale by the manufacturer due to its link to cardiovascular events (as heart attack and stroke)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game