short posterior ciliary arterynoun
Medical Definition of short posterior ciliary artery
: any of 6 to 10 arteries that arise from the ophthalmic artery or its branches, pass to the posterior part of the eyeball while surrounding the optic nerve, and enter or divide into branches entering the sclera to supply the choroid and the ciliary processes — compare long posterior ciliary artery
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game