Medical Definition of sheep pox
: a disease of sheep that is caused by a poxvirus (species Sheeppox virus of the genus Capripoxvirus), was formerly epizootic in warmer Old World areas, is marked by formation of vesicles or pocks especially on the bare or thinly wooled areas of the body, and is frequently complicated by a secondary septic infection
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game