sheath of Hertwignoun
Medical Definition of sheath of Hertwig
: a two-layered epithelial wall that covers the developing root of a tooth, is derived from cells of the enamel organ, and later breaks up during the process of cement deposition
— called also Hertwig's sheath
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game