Medical Definition of shadow-casting
: the production of exaggerated contrast in electron microscopy by irradiating the specimen obliquely with a beam especially of gold atoms which makes opaque films on the slide in exact imitation of shadows
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game