variants: also scaly legs
Medical Definition of scaly leg
: a disease of poultry that is transmitted by a mite of the genus Knemidokoptes (K. mutans) and that produces an abnormal rough hard scaliness on the featherless parts of the legs
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game