Medical Definition of scala vestibuli
: the lymph-filled spirally arranged canal in the bony canal of the cochlea that is separated from the cochlear duct below by the vestibular membrane, is connected with the oval window, and receives vibrations from the stapes
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game