Medical Definition of satellite cell
1 : a cell surrounding a ganglion cell
2 : a stem cell that lies adjacent to a skeletal muscle fiber and plays a role in muscle growth, repair, and regeneration
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game