Medical Definition of sarmentogenin
: a crystalline steroid lactone C23H34O5 closely related to digitoxigenin, found in several plants of the genus Strophanthus, obtained especially by hydrolysis of sarmentocymarin, and used in a synthesis of cortisone
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?