Medical Definition of salicylaldehyde
: an oily liquid phenolic aldehyde C7H6O2 that has a bitter almond odor and is used chiefly in perfumery and in making coumarin
— called also salicylic aldehyde
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?