Medical Definition of rhinopneumonitis
: an acute febrile respiratory disease of horses that is caused by two herpesviruses of the genus Varicellovirus (species Equid herpesvirus 1 and Equid herpesvirus 4), that is characterized especially by rhinopharyngitis and tracheobronchitis, and that sometimes causes abortion in pregnant mares
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?