Medical Definition of rhinopneumonitis
: an acute febrile respiratory disease of horses that is caused by two herpesviruses of the genus Varicellovirus (species Equid herpesvirus 1 and Equid herpesvirus 4), that is characterized especially by rhinopharyngitis and tracheobronchitis, and that sometimes causes abortion in pregnant mares
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game