Medical Definition of renal artery
: either of two branches of the abdominal aorta of which each supplies one of the kidneys, arises immediately below the origin of the corresponding superior mesenteric artery, divides into four or five branches which enter the hilum of the kidney, and gives off smaller branches to the ureter, adrenal gland, and adjoining structures
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game