Medical Definition of relapsing polychondritis
: a connective tissue disease especially of cartilage that is characterized usually by recurrent progressively destructive episodes of tissue inflammation (as of the ears, nose, larynx, trachea, eyes, joints, kidney, or heart) and that is inferred to have an autoimmune etiology from its frequent association with autoimmune diseases (as rheumatoid arthritis or systemic lupus erythematosus)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?