reaction of degenerationnoun
Medical Definition of reaction of degeneration
: the reaction to electric stimulation that occurs in muscles in which the nerves have undergone degeneration and that consists in severe cases of a sluggish response to galvanic stimulation of the muscle and no response to faradic stimulation of the muscle or to galvanic or faradic stimulation of the nerve —abbreviation RD
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game