Medical Definition of rabeprazole
: a proton pump inhibitor that inhibits gastric acid secretion and is taken orally in the form of its sodium salt C18H20NaN3O3S especially to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease, duodenal ulcers, and disorders (such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome) involving gastric acid hypersecretion
Note: Rabeprazole is marketed under the trademark AcipHex.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game