Medical Definition of rabeprazole
: a proton pump inhibitor that inhibits gastric acid secretion and is taken orally in the form of its sodium salt C18H20NaN3O3S especially to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease, duodenal ulcers, and disorders (such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome) involving gastric acid hypersecretion
Note: Rabeprazole is marketed under the trademark AcipHex.
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game