variants: or quetiapine fumarate
Medical Definition of quetiapine
: an antipsychotic drug taken orally in the form of its fumarate (C21H25N3O2S)2·C4H4O4 especially to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
Note: Quetiapine is marketed under the trademark Seroquel.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game