Medical Definition of pyramidal lobe
: a conical lobe of the thyroid gland that varies in shape and position but is often found on the cranial part of the isthmus joining the right and left lobes of the gland or on the adjacent part of either lobe and that may project upward to the hyoid bone
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game