Medical Definition of pyoderma gangrenosum
: a chronic noninfectious condition that is marked by the formation of purplish nodules and pustules which tend to coalesce and form ulcers and that is associated with various underlying systemic or malignant diseases (as leukemia, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, or metastatic adenocarcinoma of the intestine)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game