Medical Definition of pterygomaxillary fissure
: a vertical gap between the lateral pterygoid plate of the pterygoid process and the maxilla that descends at right angles to the medial end of the inferior orbital fissure and gives passage to part of the maxillary artery and vein
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game