Medical Definition of pseudocowpox
: a common infection of the teats and udders of cows that is marked by the formation of often painful lesions and scabs and is caused by a double-stranded DNA virus (species Pseudocowpox virus of the genus Parapoxvirus)
— called also false cowpox— see milker's nodules
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game