Medical Definition of pseudocowpox
: a common infection of the teats and udders of cows that is marked by the formation of often painful lesions and scabs and is caused by a double-stranded DNA virus (species Pseudocowpox virus of the genus Parapoxvirus)
— called also false cowpox— see milker's nodules
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game