Medical Definition of protein hydrolysate
: a mixture of amino acids obtained by the hydrolysis of various animal and plant proteins (as lactalbumin or soybean protein) and used as a source of amino acids, as a seasoning agent, and in nutrition
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game